Monday 18 November 2013

we're all in this together...

I had a massive, mind-blowing, earth-shattering revelation tonight, and it was so monumental that all of those adjectives don't even seem like an exaggeration to me right now. I'm not sure if it was the video Eggs sent me of the half-ton woman who killed a kid by sitting on him; the video of Jeremy Kyle (the UK's Jerry Springer) talking in that sexy, authoritative way to some crazy, messed up people; or the huge block of chocolate that I ate just over an hour ago. But something about this night made my brain go a little crazy with thoughts.

Am I living my life right? Am I who I am supposed to be? Am I who I WANT to be? The answer to all of those questions is a resounding no... and something aligned within me tonight to finally make me realize how terrifying and wrong that is.

We have literally next to no time on this earth, and the way I'm fucking my time up is an insult to everyone who wants me to be happy--including myself. It's not just insulting, it's tragic, and frankly shameful. I am done with that. I'm done wasting my life. This is the moment that I washed my hands of my past and decided that my soul and my life were more important than all the shit I was doing before. I am done. And if that sounds dramatic, then whatever, it is. But I am serious. I'm done. I choose to be happy now.

In commemoration of this moment, I am going to hereby swear that this year, starting today (well, like later today, or tomorrow, however you phrase that), I am going to take significant steps towards becoming the Me I want to be. I owe it to myself, to God, to my parents, to my friends, and to whomever I end up marrying someday. And so...

In 11 months, at the beginning of October 2014, I am going to go to Austin, Texas for ACL music festival (and that was always the plan, as of a couple weeks ago, so it seems like a good date to shoot for). I'm going to finally shoot towards all the goals I've wanted to achieve for the last 10 or so years of my life (10 years!!!). I know what these goals are, so I won't write them out again. But I am going to achieve them. It's time.

Eggs... you with me??

Here's some pictures while I listen to the new Sam Roberts single (again) and get myself in the zone to do this thing.

 (Okay. So I know this is terrible and scary and they probably got hurt... but... is it wrong that I still find it funny...)





 (I want to wear these on a date one day. Soon! Except maybe not that high, I would probably fall on my face.)


 (SO true.)

 (Ryan Adams, Go Easy lyric.)


 (It's only a few weeks away!)


 (... is going to be the year that I change things.)

 (Ryan Adams, La Cienega Just Smiled lyric.)


 (Haha, Eggs.)

 (Ryan Adams, Born Into A Light lyrics.)

 (This will NOT be my future!!! But that's kinda mean, I'm sure they're both so nice, and super happy.)






 (Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams--the Ad(d)ams Family, in her words. So sweet!)

 (I AM Rebel Wilson. She is amazing.)




 (They're muffins!! Seriously, I am also going to learn how to cook this year. Maybe nothing this cool, but I am going to learn how to cook.)


 (If this dress were long, I would want it for my wedding.)






 (Cute! James actually does look a LOT like Harry. Great casting choice.)



 (haha, cute also.)




 (Dude, what movie is this from??? It's been bugging me.)





 (Such a pretty dress.)

 (oooooo. Something about this picture makes me so happy.)




 (Love the shoes on the left.)



 (lol. Ruined childhood, totally.)

 (Ryan Adams, Firecracker lyric: "Everybody wants to go forever; I just want to burn out hard and bright.")

 (Ryan Adams, Dirty Rain lyric.)

 (haha the dream...)


 (Soooo Eggs.)



 (For some reason I find the Hills super inspiring.)



 (Man that is beautiful.)






 (Ha, made me laugh so hard. Stoked for the second one!)

 (Ryan Adams, Blue Sky Blues lyric.)

 (Wow... powerful.)

 (No words.)

 (Ryan Adams, Oh My Sweet Carolina lyric.)





 (The man himself and my personal poetic hero, Ryan Adams.)



 (Reminds me of when we started this blog dude, our goal was to go to Disneyland last May. It was another missed opportunity. I am not going to let that happen again.)





 (Ryan Adams, Hotel Chelsea Nights lyric.)

 (Ryan Adams, Lucky Now lyric.)


 (Yup... except now it's a computer haha.)




 (Ryan Adams, Memories of You lyric.)

 (Ah, summer memories.)


 (dude, Beth, but less pretty.)



 (Awww! For some reason I think that is the most adorable thing ever! That kid makes me want to have children again!)




 (Ryan Adams, I Taught Myself How To Grow Old lyric.)

 (2014 bitches!!!)



And, since I just like his cute lil face, here is my Tattoos pic of the day.


Siiiiiiiigh. Look at that sleepy, sunburned face with the hard-hat tan line. How can you not love him?

So Eggs, what say you? Are you in on the challenge with me? We can do this... we SHOULD do this. Not one day, but now!

Have a good week!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment