Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Quest

Yo. Hess here. Well, less than one year until we lift off for El Lay! But Eggs is right: the journey to Cali really and truly starts today. Let me explain a bit. 

My buddy Eggs and I have been on an endless quest to better ourselves- our bodies, our minds, and our outlooks on life- since we first met in junior high over ten years ago. One of my own personal goals was to finish college, and, to be honest, it's taking a hell of a lot longer than it was supposed to. 

So, a few months ago I got this crazy idea that I wanted to go to California to commemorate my college graduation a year from now. I figured that a huge goal needed to be celebrated with a huge reward. And no one could accompany me on that kind of trip except Eggs. So I asked her if she wanted to go, and she was on board. Simple, no? The thing is, for us, the Cali trip seems to have become a whole lot more than just a post-grad trip. It seems that, somehow, we've equated Cali with the culmination of all our goals: the final stop on the bettering journey.

And so here we are, taking that first step. To christen it, I am going to list a few of my goals:

1. Get my driver's license within the next six months or so.
2. Lose about a thousand pounds before we leave.
3. See the Full House house in San Francisco.
4. Ask Peter Pan (ie, in Disneyland) if he's a natural redhead.
5. Look good in short shorts on Newport Beach.

I guess that's a good place to start. So... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment